[Chaoss-software] github bettercode (github metrics)

Sean Goggins s at goggins.com
Fri Nov 10 19:55:17 UTC 2017

My only comment here is that the link asks for access to everything I have connected to my GitHub account and own. And it doesn’t offer me the chance to “unselect” specific organizations.  That’s problematic for me, since I run ~10 different organizations on GitHub. Some related to my research, some related to the data science masters program I lead here at Missouri. Some for fun. Many of them have private repos.  I can’t speak for entire teams and explore this, so I am effectively locked out.

Its probably the case that I am not the only person with this type of issue.

BUT, I am quite curious!

Sean

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 1:35 AM, dmg <dmg at turingmachine.org <mailto:dmg at turingmachine.org>> wrote:
>
> Maybe some of you noted the announcement of BetterHub from Github.
> it is promoting 10 metrics to evaluate a project hosted by it.
>
> I tried it on a repo. you might have to login to your github account to be able to see it:
>

> https://bettercodehub.com/results/cregit/cregit <https://bettercodehub.com/results/cregit/cregit>
> --
> --dmg
>
> ---
> Daniel M. German
> http://turingmachine.org <http://turingmachine.org/>

Sean P. Goggins
Associate Professor, Computer Science
Director, Data Science and Analytics Masters Program
University of Missouri
http://www.seangoggins.net <http://www.seangoggins.net/>

Computer Science:  http://engineering.missouri.edu/cs/  <http://engineering.missouri.edu/cs/>
Data Science & Analytics: http://dsa.missouri.edu <http://dsa.missouri.edu/>
MU Informatics Institute http://muii.missouri.edu <http://muii.missouri.edu/>
visit: http://www.sociotech.net <http://www.sociotech.net/>
visit: http://osshealth.io <http://osshealth.io/> (for ghdata OSS Metrics Software) [Sloan Foundation]
visit:  <http://chaoss.community/>http://c <http://c/>haoss.community (for open source health metrics) [Sloan Foundation]
visit: http://mhs.missouri.edu <http://mhs.missouri.edu/> (for mission hydro sci!) [i3 & IES]
visit: http://ocdx.io <http://ocdx.io/> (for the open collaboration data exchange!)   [National Science Foundation]
visit: http://sociallycompute.io <http://sociallycompute.io/> (for code like things and Group Informatics) [National Science Foundation]
‌‌
"I finally comprehended the difference between critical thinking and its opposite.  Technical people are not dumb, quite the contrary, but technical curricula rarely include critical thinking in the sense I have in mind.  Critical thinking means that you can, so to speak, see your glasses.  You can look at the world, or you can back up and look at the framework of concepts and assumptions and practices *through* which you look at the world."
-- Phil Agre, http://wtf.tw/ref/agre.html <http://wtf.tw/ref/agre.html>