[Chaoss-software] Proposal: adding GHData as one of the founding members

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona jgb at gsyc.es
Wed Nov 15 18:32:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

After some discussion with its main author, Sean Goggins, we both
propose to consider GHData [1] as one of the founding projects of the
CHAOS Software TC.

[1] https://github.com/OSSHealth/ghdata

GHData is a Python library and REST server that provides data related
to GitHub repositories. For providing its functionality, it consumes
data from the GHTorrent dataset.

GHData has been in use by several people from the CHAOSS Metrics TC for
a while, and many of the metrics designed by them are implemented, as a
proof of concept, by GHTorrent. Because of this history, it seems
natural to consider GHTorrent as one of the founding projects of the
CHAOSS Software TC. We also expect that it helps to bridge the gap
between both CHAOSS committees. To work in this direction, we will
explore how to integrate it with GrimoireLab (likely by building a
Perceval connector for it) and other projects in the Software TC.

Considering GHData as a founding member would also mean that it will be
counted as the other three (cregit, Prospector and GrimoireLab) when
selecting voting members of the TC for this initial period.

If nobody opposes, we will update the website accordingly. If you have
any comments or questions, Sean and me will be happy to answer.

Saludos,

	Jesus.

--
http://twitter.com/jgbarah          http://gsyc.es/~jgb