[Chaoss-software] [Oss-health-metrics] [CoC working group] Invite to Code of Conduct working group

Serebrenik, A. a.serebrenik at tue.nl
Wed Nov 15 20:04:22 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I apologise for being absent during the last meeting/call. As Jesus and Sean suggest perception of appropriate ethical actions stipulated by codes of conduct differs across cultures. Even when considering solely Western European countries Arnold et al. found that "differences in the perceptions of ethicality associate primarily with the participants’ country as opposed to their employer (i.e., accounting firm), employment level, or gender" and "that these country differences were further associated with the Hofstede’s cultural constructs of Masculinity and Individualism" (e.g., see attached the picture with a selection of Hofstede dimensions for four countries created using https://www.hofstede-insights.com/product/compare-countries/)

Best wishes
Alexander

Arnold et al. The Effect of Country and Culture on Perceptions of Appropriate Ethical Actions Prescribed by Codes of Conduct: A Western European Perspective among Accountants. J Bus Ethics (2007) 70: 327.