[Chaoss-software] [Meeting item] Formalization of voting members

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona jgb at bitergia.com
Tue Oct 17 23:13:54 UTC 2017

* Item:

According to the negotiations during the formation of CHAOSS, the
voting members in this TC would be representants from the three
projects that are now a part of it: cregit, Prospector and GrimoireLab.
It would be convenient to formalize this in our meeting, and start
working on the rules for adding new voting members, and if needed
removing them.

In previous discussions, we commented that we could start with six
voting members, two nominated by each project. For GrimoireLab, we
already said that, for start, they would be:

* Daniel Izquierdo
* Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona

For cregit, I understand that one of the is:

* Daniel German

I don't know, Daniel, if you want to nominate some other.

For Prospector, I'm not completely sure, but I guess one of them would
be:

* Harish Pillay

Harish, is this right? Anybody else?

Then, we should decide on the rules for adding new voting members for
the TC. Since this TC is mainly about writing software and related
stuff (documentation, etc.) I suggest that we follow rules similar to
other projects, based on a low barrier for becoming a "contributor",
based on contributions to the member projects, and then having periodic
elections for selecting who would serve as voting members for a term.

If you agree on these principles, I can write some short rules, based
on what is common in other FOSS projects, upload them to GitHub, and
then we discuss about them using PRs and this mailing list. What do you
think?

Saludos,

	Jesus.

--