[Chaoss-software] [Meeting item] Collaboration with the Metrics TC

Matt Germonprez germonprez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:55:57 UTC 2017

Hi Jesus,

I think you have it spot on. We are working the metrics down to somewhat
consumable representations based on our workshops and outreach activities
over the last 6 months. The four simplified (but evolvable) metrics are
currently sitting in a pull request here:

https://github.com/chaoss/metrics/pull/29

It would be great to start to iterate on what can and can't be done based
on the presented metrics. Aligning what people are asking for and what is
technical feasible.

Regards,
Matt

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona <
jgb at bitergia.com> wrote:

> * Item:
>
> One of the potential strengths of CHAOSS is this combination of the
> Metrics TC with the Software TC. I think we should explore, from our
> side, how we could collaborate.

> I have several ideas about this, and I know that Matt has some too.
> Some of them (random order, Matt, please complete if I miss some):
>
> * To prepare GrimoireLab panels with (at least some of) the metrics
> designed by the Metrics TC.
>
> * To select some domain (I proposed code review, Matt proposed risk) in
> which to refine the current metrics to a level which is implementable
> with GrimoireLab (similar to the previous one, but maybe more
> "bidirectional", since implementation problems would be retroffitted to
> the Metrics TC to refine the definitions).
>
> * To work together in some specific domain not currently covered in
> detail by the Metrics TC. Diversity and Inclusion has been proposed as
> such, and I guess there is already some movement to make this happen.
>
> My impression is that we should find out one or two specific and
> concrete areas where we can try an incremental process, to have stuff
> done in both camps. Once we start to learn about how to collaborate,
> results could be great.
>
> In addition to this, there is already some participations by members of
> the Software TC in the Metrics TC. I encourage you all to increase this
> participation. And the same is already happening in the other
> direction.
>
> Comments, ideas?
>
>         Jesus.
>
> --
> Bitergia: http://bitergia.com
> /me at Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgbarah

Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems
College of Information Science & Technology
University of Nebraska Omaha
http://faculty.ist.unomaha.edu/mgermonprez/cv.txt