[Chaoss-software] Introduction - Ben Lloyd Pearson

Ben Lloyd Pearson benp at osg.samsung.com
Wed Oct 18 20:19:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

My name is Ben Lloyd Pearson and I am the manager of strategy and operations for the Samsung Open Source Group. We're a small R&D engineering team that provides open source leadership within Samsung by helping other divisions in the company understand how to participate in and benefit from open source development, and we serve as Samsung's representatives in the wider open source community.

I started using GrimoireLab a little over a year ago because we needed a better tool for internal tracking of patches to open source projects, and I've been expanding this work to provide more strategic information about open source contribution metrics since then. I gave a talk at GrimoireCon in Austin earlier this year that describes the work I've been doing with it: https://www.slideshare.net/SamsungOSG/open-source-metrics-to-inform-corporate-strategy

We also maintain a public GrimoireLab dashboard that tracks our team's open source contributions: https://blogs.s-osg.org/metrics/

I wanted to be involved in this group because while the tools are incredibly useful as they are, there is still a lot of room to add better functionality, and I want to contribute my perspective as someone using them for strategic corporate information.

I look forward to working with everyone here :-)

--
Ben Lloyd Pearson - Open Source Operations & Strategy
Samsung Open Source Group
benp at osg.samsung.com