[Chaoss-software] [Meeting item] Collaboration with the Metrics TC

Ben Lloyd Pearson benp at osg.samsung.com
Wed Oct 18 22:10:01 UTC 2017

On 10/17/2017 05:57 PM, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:
> * Item:
>
> One of the potential strengths of CHAOSS is this combination of the
> Metrics TC with the Software TC. I think we should explore, from our
> side, how we could collaborate.

> * To prepare GrimoireLab panels with (at least some of) the metrics
> designed by the Metrics TC.

This is similar to feedback I got at GrimoireCon. People would be interested in dashboards/visualizations they can grab somewhere that are targeted for specific types of metric tracking. I have some that I can share, and maybe others do to. I can certainly help put together items based on the Metrics TC.

I'm not sure about the best way to approach the technical side of this, but maybe we can have a community-contributed collection of dashboards and visualizations for people to use. If possible, it might be best to include them with the Generic dashboards that are available for GrimoireLab, otherwise it could be worthwhile to setup a new place for them to be shared.

--
Ben Lloyd Pearson - Open Source Operations & Strategy
Samsung Open Source Group
benp at osg.samsung.com