[Chaoss-software] Wikichron

ABEL SERRANO JUSTE abeserra at ucm.es
Wed Feb 7 11:44:59 UTC 2018

Hi.

I just want to give you a brief introduction to Wikichron.
Wikichron is a data visualization tool that displays timeseries of metrics
about a selected subset of wikis from wikia. You can use these graphs in
order to explore the growth of a wiki community and compare it with other
wikis along the time.

The currently available set of wikis is small, but I'll be increased in the
future. If you want to explore a particular wiki, use it locally and follow
the steps described in the readme
<https://github.com/Grasia/WikiChron/#get-a-wiki-history-dump> or just send
me an email. Note that we only support mediawiki wikis, and, right now
we're focusing on Wikia wikis.

Our current roadmap for 0.2.0 is:

   - Add metrics to measure the distribution of work.
   - Redo implementation of metrics calculation.
   - Group wikis by size in order to better understand
   - Other UX improvements

We also have a new design in mind that will allow to search and filter
wikis, as well as upload your own wiki right away from the user interface.

Wikichron is developed in the open, take a look to our github repo
<https://github.com/Grasia/WikiChron/>!
--
Saludos,
Abel.