[Chaoss-software] Merging this list with the Metrics TC mailing list?

Matt Germonprez germonprez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:52:32 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm for this, I just think that we need to attend to the logistics of
getting this done gracefully and not disrupting the current conversations.

Matt

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:40 AM, Daniel Izquierdo <dizquierdo at bitergia.com>
wrote:

> +1
>

> On 07/02/18 00:48, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As you have probably observed, we have had little traffic here, and
>> there is some cross-post with the Metrics TC mailing list [1]. In
>> addition, it seems that most if not all subscribers in this mailing
>> list are also subscribers of the Metrics TC mailing list.
>>
>> What would you think of merging this list with the Metrics TC mailing
>> list, by deprecating this one and using the other for any matter
>> specific to our TC? We could use the [Software] tag, for example, so
>> that it can be filtered in/out if somebody prefers that.
>>

> I would go further on the suggestion by Jesús and use labels when
> specifically talking about metrics or software.
>
> And then, we may use specific labels when focusing on some topics:
>
> * General projects:
>
> [metrics]: discussions related to the metrics area
> [software]: discussions related to the software area
>
> * Specific projects:
>
> [grimoirelab]: discussions related to the GrimoireLab toolchain
> [prospector]: discussions related to the Prospector toolchain
> [cregit]: discussions related to the CreGit tool
> [ghdata]: discussions related to the GHData tool
>

> * Other projects:
>
> [wg_di]: discussions related to the diversity and inclusion working group
> [governance]: discussions related to the governance project
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel.
>

>> Saludos,
>>
>>         Jesus.
>>

> --
> Daniel Izquierdo Cortazar, PhD
> Chief Data Officer
> ---------
> "Software Analytics for your peace of mind"
> www.bitergia.com
> @bitergia

Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems
College of Information Science & Technology
University of Nebraska Omaha
https://goo.gl/E87KdK