[CHAOSS] [wg-gmd] GMD Panel Collection using GrimoireLab

Alberto Pérez García-Plaza alpgarcia at bitergia.com
Mon Dec 3 16:22:18 UTC 2018

Hello Georg,

glad to hear that, in fact we've been working in grimoirelab-sigils repo
to render documentation using Jekyll GitHub pages (we don't have a style
defined yet): https://chaoss.github.io/grimoirelab-sigils

It is based on: https://github.com/chaoss/grimoirelab-sigils/issues/298

By the time being, it is pretty basic, but I think it would fit to start
as you propose. We still need to update README and CONTRIBUTING files.
Our initial idea is creating collections as directories in sigils and
documenting them under 'docs/' directory. This way we try to avoid
duplicating effort while defining and testing this new directory
structure based on Jekyll. In the future, each collection would have its
own repository.

We could use Jekyll Front Matter to include most of the info you
propose, and the rest could be part of the documentation included in the
markdown file body. I included a blank template to be used when creating
new collections, I could update it to include that info:
https://github.com/chaoss/grimoirelab-sigils/tree/master/docs/_sample-collection

About leading this, well, for sure I'm going to work on this, so I'll
hopefully be pushing this forward during the following weeks :)

At some point this week  I plan to update my PR on 'GitHub Pull Requests
Merged' panel to follow the structure commented above and show you how
it would look like.

Best,

Alberto.

PS: I've updated the issue I'm working on [1] with your suggestions.

[1] https://github.com/chaoss/grimoirelab-sigils/issues/299