[CHAOSS] [wg_di] Meeting Minutes 2018-12-03

Georg Link glink at unomaha.edu
Mon Dec 3 16:38:24 UTC 2018

CHAOSS community,

The D&I worgroup meeting decided to share meeting minutes
<http://bit.ly/chaoss-diwg> with the whole CHAOSS community to keep you all
in the loop. The video recording will be available on YouTube later.

D&I | December 3, 2018

Agenda:

   -

   Go through open pull requests
   -

   Mailing list does not have an archive
   -

   Revise CONTRIBUTING.md
   -

   Status of the README (see
   https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/127)
   -

   Discuss contributions (see
   https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/126)
   -

   Proposals: Python DevRoom, OSLS
   -

   Rotating Meeting facilitators
   -

   How do we move people into more active roles?
   -

   Go though issues on GitHub:
   https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues and summary of
   last actions

Notes:

   -

   Attending: Dawn Foster, Daniel Izquierdo, Georg Link, Matt Germonprez,
   Nicole Huesman
   -

   Going through pull requests:
   -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/130
      -

         merged
         -

      *Agreed: *When merging a pull request, delete branches!
      -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/131
      -

         Merged
         -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/134
      -

         Merged
         -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/133
      -

         New metric: Leadership Diversity
         -

         PR is to add the list to our focus area
         -

         Detail Page is developed in this issue:
         https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/132
         -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/128
      -

         Add contributor list. Merged
         -

   Who contributed? Did we include everyone?
   -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion#contributors
      -

      AI Dawn: Someone needs to create a PR to add Matt’s and Nicole’s
      github account.
      -

      Also document that Maintainers will review the list of core
      contributors once a month.
      -

   Mailing list does not have an archive
   -

      AI Matt: Reach out to LF again
      -

   Some issues closed:
   -

      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/77,
      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/81,
      https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/78 These
      three tickets were already fixed. Daniel closed them.
      -

   Revise CONTRIBUTING.md
   -

      How to create pull requests?
      -

      We do have a CONTRIBUTING.md
      -

         https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
         -

      AI Nicole: Describe better how to get involved. Expand the
      CONTRIBUTING.md
      -
      -

   Status of the README
   -

      (see https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/127)
      -

      AI Nicole: Coordinate with Ben on revising the README.md
      -

      Combine effort with revising the CONTRIBUTING.md
      -
      -

   Discuss contributions
   -

      (see https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/126)
      -

      We merged the pull request #128
      <https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/pull/128>.
      -

      The readme now has our current definitions.
      -

      Is there any more need for discussion?
      -

      Are there other things we can do to highlight (track) contributions?
      -

      AI Maintainers: put a review of core contributors on agenda once a
      month
      -

   Proposals: Python DevRoom, OSLS
   -

      Daniel submitted to Python DevRoom
      -

      Open Source Leadership Summit CFP opens now, closes Jan 28, 2019
      -

         https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-leadership-summit-2019/program/cfp/
         -

         Strategic focused session
         -

         Goal to contact community leaders who have an interest in
         implementing our work
         -

         In advance: Prepare our work to be consumable
         -

         Also get feedback on our work.
         -

         AI Nicole: Draft a proposal for the D&I workgroup.
         -

   D&I representation on Governing Board
   -

      Dawn and Georg expressed interest
      -

   Rotating Meeting facilitators
   -

      *Agreed: *We want to rotate.
      -

      Proposal: At end of meeting, determine who is facilitating next week,
      will update agenda, and send out reminder.
      -

      Also determine who is responsible for note taking (not same person)
      -

   How do we move people into more active roles?
   -

      D&I and GMD (tagged on to contributors and maintainers)
      -

      Tag issues as ‘good first issue’ or ‘easy bugs’ - send reminder on
      mailing list that there are easy ways to contribute (once a
month?) - maybe
      a blog post that can be sent out to Twitter or LinkedIn
      -

      Send meeting minutes to the CHAOSS list and include at the end of
      every meeting minutes 1 or 2 easy issues we would like help with.
      -

   Go though issues on GitHub:
   https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues and summary of
   last actions
   -

      Please review issues with “ready for review” so that we can move them
      to pull requests
      -

      AI Daniel: #120 and #121
      - Meeting End

The D&I workgroup would appreciate help with the following “good first
issues”:

   -

   File Naming Standard:
   https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/issues/101