[CHAOSS] Discussion on Organizational Diversity

Georg Link glink at unomaha.edu
Mon Dec 10 18:05:32 UTC 2018

Hi CHAOSS community,

Tomorrow during our weekly hangout, the D&I workgroup would like to discuss
ways to represent "Organizational Diversity".

*Background:*
Organizational diversity currently is represented in the chaoss/metrics D&I
category file
<https://github.com/chaoss/metrics/blob/master/1_Diversity-Inclusion.md>
[1], which is going away. To date, the D&I workgroup has focused on metrics
<https://github.com/chaoss/wg-diversity-inclusion/tree/master/focus_areas>
[2] unrelated to organizational diversity. We recognize that organizational
diversity is a much requested metric, but we question whether it integrates
with what we are doing.

During tomorrow's hangout call, we would like to discuss in the CHAOSS
community what role 'organizational diversity' metric plays within the
CHAOSS project and how to move it forward.

The sentiment of tomorrows conversation will be shared with the list.
This email is an invitation to everyone interested to join us Tuesday, Dec
11 at 11am CT (18:00 CET, check your local time
<http://arewemeetingyet.com/Chicago/2018-11-06/11:00/w/CHAOSS%20weekly%20meeting#eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Vub21haGEuem9vbS51cy9qLzcyMDQzMTI4OCJ9>).
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://unomaha.zoom.us/j/720431288 Or Telephone: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
or International numbers
<https://unomaha.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DKGo2mmIuOv9xSjphoGZZmYKxr5HFrS9>
(Meeting ID: 720 431 288).