[CHAOSS] Opening discussion on using Discourse Forum for CHAOSS

Georg Link glink at unomaha.edu
Mon Nov 12 02:03:16 UTC 2018

Thanks for the initial responses.

@Daniel: I agree with your requirement that "archives can be browsed
without any further credentials". Mailinglist archives cannot be navigated
by topic, but Discourse can, making it more accessible.

@Jocelyn: I liken Rocket Chat to a chat program (IRC or Slack) and
Discourse to a forum (phpBB). I personally prefer the organization of
conversations within Discourse and have a hard time keeping up with chats.

@Emma: I agree with your assessment regarding Accessibility and Open by
Design. I would appreciate if you can make the connection to someone who is
more experienced with Discourse.

The conversation continues. I invite your to share your opinion.

Best,
Georg