[CHAOSS] Opening discussion on using Discourse Forum for CHAOSS

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at upsilon.cc
Mon Nov 12 09:53:45 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 01:06:55PM -0800, dmg wrote:
> - we should let the working groups use whatever tools they want, as long as:
>
>   - the communications are archived, and the archives can be browsed
> without any further credentials

What's the definition of "archived" here?

In particular: considering the offer at hand is a Discourse instance not
hosted by CHAOSS / LF, would that be enough?

(Don't get me wrong: I totally agree with the proposed "should be
archived" requirement. I just think it's much harder to comply with than
it might appear at first. I blame my software archivist bias :-))

Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack at upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o