[CHAOSS] Opening discussion on using Discourse Forum for CHAOSS

Georg Link glink at unomaha.edu
Mon Nov 12 18:34:15 UTC 2018

Thank you for the additional comments Jesus, and Stefano.

Regarding FOSS requirement: Discourse (the software) is licensed under
GPL-v2 <https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/LICENSE.txt>.

If hosting by Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc. (the company) is a
concern, we can ask LF to host it for us.
It seems easier to secure hosting from the company behind the software.
I don't see a problem, because we can export all data and move hosting
<https://meta.discourse.org/t/move-your-discourse-instance-to-a-different-server/15721>
at any time.

Georg

--