[CHAOSS] How decisions are made (was: Opening discussion on using Discourse Forum for CHAOSS)

Emma Irwin eirwin at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 20 18:30:27 UTC 2018

Documentation of who makes decisions, their role(s), and the process they
follow is half the battle to gaining trust, and increased participation in
decision-making.   Most of the time people are not interested in
challenging, but they do want to be consulted.  This is a great talk from
Rust
<https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/93m5r8/video_why_wasnt_i_consulted_how_rust_does_open/>
on that topic.

Suggest never saying 'that's how most open source projects' do things, when
referencing governance discussions.

--
Emma Irwin (she/her)
Community Development