[CHAOSS] Responsible Computer Science Challenge

Emma Irwin eirwin at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 10 15:13:43 UTC 2018

In my opinion, tackling ethics will be some of the important work we need
to do in 2019.  In that light - Mozilla just launched a Responsible
Computer Science challenge
<https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/10/10/announcing-a-competition-for-ethics-in-computer-science-with-up-to-3-5-million-in-prizes/>.
Perhaps there are educators on this list interested.

*Between December 2018 and July 2020, we will award up to $3.5 million in
prizes to promising proposals. The challenge is open to both individual
professors or collaborative teams consisting of professors, graduate
students, and teaching assistants. We’re seeking educators who are
passionate about teaching not only computer science, but how it can be
deployed in a responsible, positive way.*

--
Emma Irwin (she/her)
Community Development