[CHAOSS] Repository structure

Sean Goggins s at goggins.com
Thu Oct 11 01:19:07 UTC 2018

Hi Jesus,

Apologies for the “whatever-D&I”, which was “autocorrected” on my phone … from wg-d&I.  And for my connection issues. Usually my phone tethering is better internet than the conference I’m at, but not yesterday! (And the event was away from the conference venue).

I am more of a synchronous than an asynchronous person when it comes to building things. I wish to propose, perhaps, a model where we have a monthly meeting (perhaps the last Wednesday of each month, or the first) which is the “decision making” meeting, and then have the group meet to coordinate the many details of our working group.  My feeling is that our progress is being impeded by infrequent meetings and the fairly routine case where either you or I are unable to participate for one reason or another.  I think this will also make on boarding new participants easier.

I welcome discussion on this list, and at our next scheduled meeting two weeks, regarding that matter. If there is no objection, I offer to host an “unofficial meeting” meeting next week for anyone who could not be there today and wants to get up to speed with Kevin’s notes.

Will await list discussion on those two points.

Thanks!

Sean