[CHAOSS] [wg-gmd] October 10th meeting notes

Kevin Lumbard klumbard at unomaha.edu
Tue Oct 16 19:25:05 UTC 2018

Hi everybody,

Here are the notes from the last CHAOSS Growth Maturity & Decline Workgroup meeting.

Date/Time:

Wednesday, October 10th

9:00 am PDT / 18:00 CEST

In Attendance:

Jesus M. Gonzales-Barahona

Matt Germonprez

Sean P. Goggins (lost connection)

Kevin Lumbard

Alpgarcia

Video of Meeting:

Will be available on the CHAOSS YouTube channel in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrG-a3hIc_hCEUWloG0gm9A <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrG-a3hIc_hCEUWloG0gm9A>

Oct-10 Agenda:

1. Discuss - ordered list of metrics to work on defining. With some degree of prioritization (perhaps keep in a markdown document)

2. Discuss Pending Pull Requests

 https://github.com/chaoss/wg-gmd/pulls <https://github.com/chaoss/wg-gmd/pulls>
3. New Items to Discuss or Questions

4. Action Items

Notes:

Pending approval from missing members, GMD will adopt the D&I Framework – goals, questions, and metrics  (top down approach)

	• Moving to a top down approach starting with code development goals.md then move to questions documents.
	• Example: Code Development Goal – Understand how code changes occur in repositories, Question - How many people are involved in a change?
	• Document the process for defining metrics (Start with goals, create questions around goals, identify metrics that can answer questions, and define metrics and methods..
	• Use cases may inform new goals and how we understand the questions

Add Use Case Folder

Collect use cases from members on how they use metrics and what questions they are trying to answer
Rename use case header from detail metric pages to remove confusion

Store meeting notes and past agendas on repository

Quick Reference Links:

Focus Areas:

https://github.com/chaoss/wg-gmd/tree/master/focus_areas <https://github.com/chaoss/wg-gmd/tree/master/focus_areas>
Methods and Metrics Pages: