[CHAOSS] [software] Google Summer of Docs (does not exist yet)

Will Norris willnorris at google.com
Thu Oct 18 15:18:11 UTC 2018

and a slight correction (not that it really matters that much)... the S in
GSoD is "season" rather than "summer".  Google Season of Docs.  The idea
being that it probably wouldn't run in the summer (for the northern
hemisphere) so as not to conflict with Summer of Code.

But yes, as Josh said, this is a bit different from Summer of Code in that
it's not targeted at students.  That will likely impact various aspects of
how the program is run.  For example, the expectation is that the
participants are likely already working full-time jobs, so the tasks may
need to be smaller.  Lots of details being worked out by the team, but
expect some differences from Summer of Code.