[CHAOSS] Present CHAOSS at FOSDEM Community DevRoom ?

Leslie Hawthorn mebelh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:29:17 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller on this list. :D

We welcome submissions from folks in the CHAOSS Community. As many of you
are researchers, I wanted to call out a particular portion of our CFP to
you.

<snip>
Please submit a proposal on any topic of your choice, but here are
some suggestions to help get your creativity engaged: ....

3) Sustainability in FOSS

The sheer volume of projects critical to the everyday operation of global
computing that are maintained by a handful of humans — or only one — is
mind boggling. How can we address the needs of these bus factor prone
projects? What is the responsibility for companies who use these projects
to allocate resources to maintain them?

We are particularly interested to hear about academic research into FOSS
Sustainability and/or commercial endeavors set up to address this topic.

<snip>

And I look forward to seeing many folks from the CHAOSS Community at
CHAOSSCon in Brussels!

Cheers,

LH

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 15:23, Georg Link <glink at unomaha.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Who is interested in presenting our CHAOSS work at the FOSDEM Community
> DevRoom? We were pinged by Leslie Hawthorn on Twitter [1]. I cannot go next
> year and would appreciate someone volunteer.
>
> Short info:
> * Community DevRoom takes place on Sunday, 3 February
>
> * Submit your papers via the conference abstract submission system,
> Pentabarf, at
> https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19
>
> * Indicate if your session will run for 30 or 45 minutes, including
> Q&A. If you can do either 30 or 45 minutes, please let us know!
>
> * Submission deadline is 23 November 2018 and accepted speakers will
> be notified by 7 December 2018
>
> * If you need to get in touch with the organizers or program committee of
> the Community DevRoom, email us at community-devroom at lists.fosdem.org.
>
> More information [2].
>
> Best,
> Georg
>
> [1] https://twitter.com/lhawthorn/status/1052870014523625472
> [2]
> https://medium.com/@leslielauralive/fosdem-2019-community-dev-room-cfp-f60bdc067c22
>

> --
> Georg J.P. Link
> PhD Candidate
> College of Information Science and Technology | PKI 367
> University of Nebraska at Omaha | www.unomaha.edu

Leslie Hawthorn
http://twitter.com/lhawthorn