[CHAOSS] Follow-up on my Action Points from GMD August call

sharan at apache.org sharan at apache.org
Tue Sep 4 11:24:44 UTC 2018

Hi All

This is my first post to the new list so I hope it gets through!

It sounds like you all had a great conference! Hopefully I will get
along to one of the future ones :-)

I'd like to give a action point update on the Growth, Maturity and
Decline call I attended a few weeks ago and the action points I came
away with. One action point was about getting details of some Apache
projects that could be used as a demo for Augr. I think it was mentioned
that they needed to be git based repos. Anyway I seem to remember that
we talked about doing some comparison of data in Kibble and  in Augr.
I've pulled together the list of all our Kibble pilot projects here
https://s.apache.org/NNgF <https://s.apache.org/NNgF>and all have github
repos.

The second action point I had was around asking about cross posting
relevant topics between the Kibble and CHAOSS mailing lists. As yet I
haven't had any feedback on that. In the meantime the Kibble dev lists
are public so anyone can take a look at the discussions happening there.
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@kibble.apache.org

The final action point was about starting a discussion about reviewing
Kibble to see if it has already implemented any of the current CHAOSS
metrics and if so, then working on getting it added as a known
implementation of the metric. I've posted the discussion to the Kibble
list so we just need to start that work. I've also posted a short update
to our Community Development list letting people know about the CHAOSS
and the work on community metrics so if they are interested they can
also join in.

I wasn't too sure when the next workgroup meetings are, so if someone
can let me know,  I'd like to join again.:-)

Thanks
Sharan