[CHAOSS] [wg_di] Creating a D&I Report (in preparation for OSSEU Tutorial)

Georg Link glink at unomaha.edu
Wed Sep 12 16:05:06 UTC 2018

Hi D&I Workgroup members,

Daniel and I started designing the tutorial for OSSEU next month and want
to keep you updated on our progress. Much of what we are planning to do is
a logical outcome of the D&I Workgroup and we are focused on polishing
those outcomes to have them ready for the tutorial.

We plan to prepare worksheets for participants to follow along.
The Q&A session is a buffer to allow for questions throughout.

At our meeting next week, we would like to discuss with the workgroup a
draft of the process, framework, and worksheets. These are items we think
the workgroup would benefit from having and thus want to develop them
together.

A tentative outline of the 90 minute session:
01 - 05 (5) min | Introduction to CHAOSS and D&I Workgroup
06 - 15 (10) min | Introduction of Attendees and what their goals for the
tutorial are
16 - 20 (5) min | Walk through the OpenStack Gender Report as an example
for a D&I report
21 - 30 (10) min | Discuss a Process and Framework for generating a D&I
report
31 - 35 (5) min | Introduce our Goal-Question-Metric approach and Repository
36 - 55 (20) min | Dive into 2 or 3 Focus Areas
56 - 60 (5) min | Discuss Data Sources
61 - 88 (28) min | Q&A and Discussion
89 - 90 (2) min | Adjurn, Invite to D&I workgroup

Best,
Georg

--
Georg J.P. Link