[CHAOSS] Introduction and a question about leaderboards

Georg Link linkgeorg at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:42:10 UTC 2021

Thanks Matthew for sharing your research.

Another relevant stream of research could be Social Comparison Theory
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_comparison_theory>. I think the "social
status" section on Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_comparison_theory#Social_status>
speaks to the sentiment of the companies and contributors that lost in the
leaderboard changes.

Do you think the "Drupal Give" pages, where companies demonstrate their
contributions to Drupal, play into the conversation about leaderboards?
Examples:

   - https://agaric.coop/drupalgive
   - https://www.chapterthree.com/about/drupalgive
   - https://www.drupaleasy.com/drupal-give