[Devel] Re: Network virtualization/isolation

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat Dec 9 14:34:14 PST 2006

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 10:13:48PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
>

>> It's actually happening quite gradually and carefully.
>>

> hmm, I must have missed a testing phase for the
> IPC namespace then, not that I think it is broken
> (well, maybe it is, we do not know yet)

You have announced at LKML that Linux-VServer now uses the stuff that
was merged in 2.6.19-rc1, haven't you? I suppose that means you are
using IPC namespaces from mainstream? Isn't that considered testing? Or
you don't test Linux-VServer? Please clarify, I'm a bit lost here.

Speaking of OpenVZ, as Kirill Korotaev said before we have backported
all that to 2.6.18 back in September and are using it since then. And
yes, we found a bug in IPC namespaces, and fix from Pavel Emelyanov has
made it to 2.6.19-rc5 (see commit
c7e12b838989b0e432c7a1cdf1e6c6fd936007f6 to linux-2.6-git).