[patch 05/10] Add "permit user submounts" flag to vfsmount

Miklos Szeredi miklos at szeredi.hu
Tue Apr 17 03:44:39 PDT 2007

> > From: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi at suse.cz>
> >
> > If MNT_USERMNT flag is not set in the target vfsmount, then
>
> MNT_USER and MNT_USERMNT?  I claim no way will people keep those
> straight.  How about MNT_ALLOWUSER and MNT_USER?

Umm, is "allowuser" more clear than "usermnt"?  What is allowed to the
user?  "allowusermnt" may be more descriptive, but it's a bit too
long.

I don't think it matters all that much, the user will have to look up
the semantics in the manpage anyway.  Is "nosuid" descriptive?  Not
very much, but we got used to it.

Miklos