containers mini-summit?

Rohit Seth rohitseth at google.com
Wed Aug 8 18:29:26 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 12:47 -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> I just sent the next (final) version of the containers development
> roadmap.  Eric Biederman and Paul Menage will be at kernel summit
> representing this work.
>
> We had planned on having a containers mini-summit the day before the
> kernel summit.  However interest in that appears as though it may be
> too low to justify having a real mini-summit.
>
> So we have a few options:
>
> 	1. we could have a mini-summit purely by phone.
> 	2. there is a possibility of using a part of a
> 	   conference room from LCE, if attendance will
> 	   be low.  However, having a phone line to include
> 	   those who cannot attend would be unlikely.
> 	3. if there is a large planned attendance, we could
> 	   continue to seek a separate venue for the
> 	   mini-summit.

I think given the short time that is left for doing travel etc.
(considering it is long weekend here in USA) it will be tough to do this
in person.

I will be interested in attending this on phone though (and will have
couple more folks from Google join in).

> Who is interested in (a) attending the mini-summit in person, (b)
> attending the mini-summit by phone, or (c) not interested?
>
> For those interested in attending, what would you expect to happen at
> the mini-summit?  a) discuss the roadmap to ensure everyone is
> properly represented at the summit  b) go over pieces of functionality
> from the roadmap and discuss implementation options, who is
> interested in working on what, and possible timelines.  c) something
> else.

Since Eric/Paul will be attending the KS and giving them an update, it
will be very useful if we can all agree on some set of features that
will be useful for containers and for which we need 1- input from folks
in KS and 2- let them know that this is high on priority list.

-rohit