[RFC][for -mm] memory controller enhancements for reclaiming take2 [7/8] bacground reclaim for memory controller

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 3 19:18:56 PST 2007

On Tue,  4 Dec 2007 12:07:55 +0900 (JST)
yamamoto at valinux.co.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:
> you don't need the kthread as far as RES_HWMARK is "infinite".
> given the current default value of RES_HWMARK, you can simplify
> initialization by deferring the kthread creation to mem_cgroup_write.

Hmm, will try. But I wonder whether assumption can be true forever or not.
For example, when memory controller supports sub-group and a relationship
between a parent group and children groups are established.

But, think it later is an one way ;) I'll try to make things simpler.

Thanks,
-Kame