+ attach_pid-with-struct-pid-parameter.patch added to -mm tree

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Thu Jan 11 13:48:11 PST 2007

akpm at osdl.org writes:

> The patch titled
>      attach_pid() with struct pid parameter
> has been added to the -mm tree.  Its filename is
>      attach_pid-with-struct-pid-parameter.patch
>
> *** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***
>
> See http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/added-to-mm.txt to find
> out what to do about this

> Subject: attach_pid() with struct pid parameter
> From: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev at us.ibm.com>
>
> Implement a new version of attach_pid() with a struct pid parameter and wrap
> find_attach_pid() around it.  attach_pid() would also be used in subsequent
> container patches.

I guess these two patches work.  But it sure looks like the long way around
as a way of changing the argument to attach_pid.

As incremental step couldn't we just have changed the callers to:
attach_pid(task, type, find_pid(nr)).

Not that I think changing all of the callers to actually pass in the correct
struct pid is going to be much of a problem.

It just seems like a whole lot of unnecessary thrash to change them
all to find_attach_pid and then back to attach_pid.