[patch -rss] Make RSS accounting display more user friendly

Peter Zijlstra peterz at infradead.org
Mon Jul 9 04:38:18 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2028-02-27 at 02:39 -0500, Balbir Singh wrote:

> I am not a CLUI expert, but rounding off bytes will something that
> the administrators will probably complain about. Since we manage
> the controller memory in pages, it might be the easiest unit to use.
> The output is totally different matter.
>
> Having said that, I am not opposed to your suggestion, I'll see if
> I can find good CLUI guidelines.

Pages are generally considered a bad unit for user-space exposed
parameters because a page can have a wide spectrum of sizes on some
machines.

The typical unit used in its stead is KiB. Although I could imagine MiB
being more useful in this case :-)

Perhaps a new proc parser that takes postfix [KMG] units would be
handy..