Containers: css_put() dilemma

Balbir Singh balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 17 11:11:55 PDT 2007

Paul (??) Menage wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> That sounds correct. I wonder now if the solution should be some form
>> of delegation for deletion of unreferenced containers (HINT: work queue
>> or kernel threads).
>
> What a great idea. In fact, that's exactly what the release agent
> patch already does.

:-) I should have seen that. I am a little lost thinking that
container_rmdir() and the release agent check_for_release() work
without too much knowledge of each other. BTW, what are the semantics
of css_put() is it expected to free the container/run the release agent
when the reference count of the container_subsys_state drops to zero?

--
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh