CAPWIP's 8th MGGR Training, 12-19 November 2007, Manila, Philippines

CAPWIP.Institute.for.Gender at localhost.localdomain CAPWIP.Institute.for.Gender at localhost.localdomain
Tue Jul 31 20:19:58 PDT 2007

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Greetings from the Center for Asia Pacific Women in Politics (CAPWIP) Institute for Gender, Governance & Leadership!

We are pleased to invite you to the 8th training on "Making Governance Gender Responsive (MGGR)", which will be held on November 12-19, 2007 in Manila, Philippines.

The course is designed for parliamentarians, middle and senior level government executives and officials, women and men in local governments, political parties, research and training institutes and civil society organizations and non-government organizations who are leading or participating in governance reform initiatives in their respective countries.

The objectives of the training are the following:

-	Enhance their understanding of Gender and Development (GAD) and governance concepts;
-	Gain appreciation of gender-related and governance issues and concerns;
-	Identify gender biases in governance;
-	Acquire skills in identifying and analyzing gender biases and concerns through case examples of strategies and practices to address gender biases;
-	Identify gender biases in the participant's sphere of influence-A Change Management Approach; and
-	Formulate Action Plans: Institutional and Individual

The course is composed of modules developed to enhance the participants' understanding of the link between gender and governance, as well as increase their awareness of gender biases in governance.

This is the eight-time (8th time) that we are offering this course within the last three (3) years.  The seven (7) batches of MGGR trainings were successfully held last February, June, October of 2004, January and October of 2005, February and June of 2007 at the CAPWIP Institute for Gender, Governance and Leadership (CIGGL) located at Hostelling (HI) Manila, 4227-4229 Tomas Claudio Street, Baclaran, Paranaque City, Philippines. These trainings were attended by participants from different countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and Europe.  In all the seven (7) trainings that we have conducted, the participants have continually rated the training as highly informative and very useful for their organizations.

The 7th MGGR course was held last June 24-30, 2007, with 41 participants coming from 18 countries representing almost all the continents. It was rated “excellent” by almost all the participants. And there were many applicants in the June 2007 training that were refused participation due to lack of time to process their application, and lack of space. Thus, CAPWIP has scheduled this 8th MGGR course to give everyone a chance to attend.

This training course has been revised and redesigned based on the feedback from previous trainings. The course has been expanded to an eight-day course (originally designed for 3 days) and the course is now heavy on case studies and field trips.

The registration fee for the eight-day training is US$1,950 for single room accommodations and US$1,650 for twin room sharing accommodations (two persons in one room). We are sending you the detailed information sheet and registration form in separate attachment.  The training will be held on November 12-19, 2007. However, the participants are requested to be in Manila the day before, November 11, 2007 and leave Manila only on November 20, 2007. These extended stay are already included in the fee.

You can also download the full information sheet and registration form for this training at our website, <http://www.capwip.org/training/mggr.htm>.

We hope that your organization can send participants to this training. Let us join hands in promoting gender responsive governance through transformative leadership and citizenship. We are looking forward to your participation.

Very truly yours,

(signed)
Dr. Jung Sook Kim
President
Center for Asia Pacific Women in Politics (CAPWIP)

Center for Asia Pacific Women in Politics
CAPWIP Institute for Gender, Governance & Leadership (CIGGL)
Hostelling International Manila, YSTAPHIL Building,
4227-4229 Tomas Claudio Street Baclaran, Parañaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines Tel. (632) 8516934
Tele Fax :( 632) 8522112
Mobile +639189403711
E-mail:  trainings at capwip.org <mailto:trainings at capwip.org>; capwip.trainings at gmail.com <mailto:capwip.trainings at gmail.com>
Web: www.capwip.org <http://www.capwip.org>    www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org <http://www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org>