RSS controller v2 Test results (lmbench )

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Thu May 17 19:55:21 PDT 2007

Balbir Singh wrote:

> A meaningful container size does not hamper performance. I am in the process
> of getting more results (with varying container sizes). Please let me know
> what you think of the results? Would you like to see different benchmarks/
> tests/configuration results?

AIM7 results might be interesting, especially when run to crossover.

OTOH, AIM7 can make the current VM explode spectacularly :)

I saw it swap out 1.4GB of memory in one run, on my 2GB memory test
system.  That's right, it swapped out almost 75% of memory.

Presumably all the AIM7 processes got stuck in the pageout code
simultaneously and all decided they needed to swap some pages out.
However, the shell got stuck too so I could not get sysrq output
on time.

I am trying out a little VM patch to fix that now, carefully watching
vmstat output.  Should be fun...

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group