netns compilation

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at openvz.org
Wed Nov 14 07:09:59 PST 2007

Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> Actually the CONFIG_NET_NS is depending on CONFIG_NET and !CONFIG_SYSFS
>
> In order to disable CONFIG_SYSFS, I must specify CONFIG_EMBEDDED to have
> the choice to unset the sysfs.
>
> Why don't we make CONFIG_NET_NS depends on CONFIG_NET and
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED ?

AFAIK the SYSFS_DEPRECATED hides the sysfs functionality (files)
that is not recommended to use, but doesn't disable the sysfs
filesystem as is. On the other hand the NET_NS doesn't require
any deprecated sysfs files, it just can't work at all with the
SYSFS turned on.

That's why the things look like this.

Thanks,
Pavel