[Devel] Re: [RFC][patch 3/3] activate filtering for the bind

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Mon Sep 10 11:15:19 PDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Serge E. Hallyn <serue at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the biggest upside of this approach is that it's providing
> network functionality in a way that should be much more familiar to
> network folks.  As opposed to using an lsm with a new vfs interface.

Right - one of the things that I promised at the kernel summit was
that we'd be very careful about introducing random new userspace APIs
as part of control files. Reusing existing APIs where practical is way
nicer.

> Is anyone working on this implementation, for comparison to the lsm
> patch?

Eric may be; if not then it's something I'd be interested in doing but
probably won't have time for, for a couple of weeks at least. So if
someone else wanted to play with it in the meantime that would be
great.

Paul