[RFC][patch 0/1] fix allnoconfig for net-2.6.24

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Wed Sep 12 10:45:23 PDT 2007

dlezcano at fr.ibm.com writes:

> The kernel compilation fails with allnoconfig with an unresolved to init_net.
> I tryed to figure out how to fix that. The problem is raised because the
> init_net
> variable is defined as extern in net_namespace.h while the variable is declared
> in net_namespace.c. This file is not compiled because of the config options and
> that leads to the compilation error.

Ok.  We seem to have the same issue with the ipc namespace.
And it uses the INIT_IPC_NS macro to handle it.

I wonder if we can do something similar here.

It looks like the initialization of nsproxy is the big gotcha.

> I noticed the uts namespace defines the init_uts_ns in init/version.c, so I
> moved
> the init_net to this file too. The compilation error is fixed.
>
> But I don't like really this approach because:
> 	1 - we fall under a part not covered by the network
> 	2 - we add a new include net_namespace.h in version.c
>
> Does this fix seems correct ? I just want to fix it for now to have net-2.6.24
> compiling for all configs.

I think we can probably spend a couple more hours and fix things cleanly.
If that we can't figure out a clean solution I'm happy to deal with the
hack.  But if we can find something clean and maintainable I would
very much prefer that.

So do you think you can come up with something based on the model
of INIT_IPC_NS?