[patch 7/9] unprivileged mounts: allow unprivileged fuse mounts

Szabolcs Szakacsits szaka at ntfs-3g.org
Wed Jan 9 01:19:04 PST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> On Tue 2008-01-08 12:35:09, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> >
> > For the suspend issue, there are also no easy solutions.
>
> What are the non-easy solutions?

A practical point of view I've seen only fuse rootfs mounts to be a
problem. I remember Ubuntu patches for this (WUBI and some other distros
install NTFS root). But this probably also depends on the used suspend
implementation.

Personally I've never had fuse related suspend problem with ordinary mounts
during heavy use under development, nor NTFS user problem was tracked down
to it in the last one and half year.

Regards,
	    Szaka

--