[Devel] OLS paper topics

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 04:57:20 PST 2008

> Why is that a conflict w.r.t resource management, isn't that more of a cgroup
> feature - task migration. We need task migration for resource management, but
> task migration is a system administrator/management function. I don't see the
> conflict, but may be I am missing something very obvious.

This is something we may want to dig. from a checkpoint/restart POV, a
'container' acts a whole and you don't want tasks to be migrated from a
container to another. They have to share the same container properties.

it might be possible to solve that issue from user space or by making sure
a set of cgroups are dedicated to a container.

C.