Feeding containers patches into linux-next

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 15 08:29:33 PDT 2008

Quoting Dave Hansen (dave at linux.vnet.ibm.com):
> We've been basically merging containers patches through Andrew and -mm
> for a while now.  It seems that some of the testing is starting to move
> toward linux-next.
>
> Has anyone considered what it would take for us to get a tree pulled
> into there?

I'd guess we would need to:

	1. Beg Stephen :)
	2. Work with the lkml community to decide which patches are
	   sufficiently agreed-upon at least in principle to go into
	   linux-next.  I really think Eric's netns/sysfs patchset
	   belongs there.  I'd also like to see the freezer container
	   patchset.
	3. Pick someone to be maintain that tree.  Ideally someone
	   whom everyone here can agree upon.

-serge