[RFC/PATCH] cgroup swap subsystem

Daisuke Nishimura nishimura at mxp.nes.nec.co.jp
Thu Mar 6 20:23:02 PST 2008

Hi.

Balbir Singh wrote:
> Daisuke Nishimura wrote:
>> Basic idea of my implementation:
>>   - what will be charged ?
>>     the number of swap entries.
>>
>>   - when to charge/uncharge ?
>>     charge at get_swap_entry(), and uncharge at swap_entry_free().
>>

> You mean get_swap_page(), I suppose. The assumption in the code is that every
> swap page being charged has already been charged by the memory controller (that
> will go against making the controllers independent). Also, be careful of any

To make swap-limit independent of memory subsystem, I think
page_cgroup code should be separated into two part:
subsystem-independent and subsystem-dependent, that is
part of associating page and page_cgroup and that of associating
page_cgroup and subsystem.

Rather than to do such a thing, I now think that
it would be better to implement swap-limit as part of
memory subsystem.

Thanks,
Daisuke Nishimura.