ckpt-v19-rc2

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 4 10:17:32 PST 2009

Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl at cs.columbia.edu):

> I put together ckpt-v19-rc2 (kernel and user) that includes:
>
> * eclone
> * INET sockets
> * timerfd, signalfd
> * rebase to 2.6.32-rc8
> * c/r thread/cpu state earlier
> * misc fixes
>
> Hoping to give it some testing to clean remaining rough edges, and
> in particular net-c/r patches whose folding wasn't trivial, as well
> as the other archs.
>
> On the todo-list are:
>
> * assorted cleanup/fixes
> * more cleanups on ckpt_err/ckpt_msg
> * support for x86-64
> * unlinked files (if ready ?)

Ok, I only just realized, through a segfault on restart, that
current->fs->pwd isn't being restored.  Were you thinking of
supporting that in v19?

If we don't want to do 'proper' current->fs c/r, I htink it's
worthwhile doing a cheap c/r of current->fs->pwd as a filename.

(I'd send the cheap patch, but am mostly out from now until wed)

thanks,
-serge