Fw: cgroups and dbus

Ian Molton ian.molton at collabora.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 02:39:02 PST 2009

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:

> I'm not sure wheter this kind of moving function from user to kernel
> is welcomed or not..

The aim is to improve dbus performance by avoiding context switching as often.

> It seems what you asked was an example of cgroup.
> Maybe the simplest cgroup in the kernel is CONFIG_CGROUP_CPUACCT.
> (kernel/sched.c) The next one is CGROUP_DEVICE (security/device_cgroup.c)
>
> Documentation under Documentation/cgroups/ is always taken care to be updated.
> If you notice some description is unclear or obsolete, please report it.

I found my problem with the example there,

my machine has no RAM on node 0.

Can I suggest that the example might be better if it uses node 0 ? or had a
note saying that if you have no memory on node 1 that it will fail with:
"/bin/echo: write error: No space left on device" ?

Also it would be a good idea if the example pointed out that the parent to
'sh' is in the cgroup Charlie also.

Heres a patch: