BUG in tty_open when using containers and ptrace

Môshe van der Sterre me at moshe.nl
Sun Jul 5 13:00:58 PDT 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 15:28:52 +0200, Grzegorz Nosek <root at localdomain.pl>
wrote:
> Sorry for digging up such an old thread but I have apparently been
> bitten by the same bug.

Ok.
Unfortunately, I have had no opportunity to put time into this bug,
and have not been able to provide the info Serge requested.

> I've been playing with libvirt 0.6.4 (which
> mounts devpts with option newinstance) and I got the oops below
> while strace'ing container init (upstart actually, got SIGINT and was
> about to exit; sorry, no strace available but I remember nothing
> extraordinary except for a "+++ Killed by SIGSEGV +++" at the end).

Your bug seems the same. I had not noticed it using unmodified lxc tools,
but apparently it is present in your case.

I'll be following this, and reply if circumstances permit.

Greetings,
Môshe van der Sterre