[RFC] IO scheduler based IO controller V4

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 06:52:56 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:22:25PM +0800, Gui Jianfeng wrote:
> Vivek Goyal wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here is the V4 of the IO controller patches generated on top of 2.6.30-rc8.
> >

> Hi Vivek,
>
> I can't apply the patchset.
>
> [root at localhost linux-2.6.30-rc8-Vivek-V4]# git-am ../V4/1.eml
> Applying io-controller: Documentation
> [root at localhost linux-2.6.30-rc8-Vivek-V4]# git-am ../V4/2.eml
> Applying io-controller: Common flat fair queuing code in elevaotor layer
> error: patch failed: block/Makefile:15
> error: block/Makefile: patch does not apply
> Patch failed at 0001.
> When you have resolved this problem run "git-am --resolved".
> If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git-am --skip".

Hi Gui,

This is strange. It seems to be applying cleanly for me. Can you please
recheck your setup and also see why it is failing. In block/Makefile,
there is one line change and recently no change has taken to that file
in git.

Thanks
Vivek

[vgoyal at machine linux-2.6]$ git-am /tmp/V4/ioc-v4
Applying: io-controller: Documentation
Applying: io-controller: Common flat fair queuing code in elevaotor layer
Applying: io-controller: Charge for time slice based on average disk rate
Applying: io-controller: Modify cfq to make use of flat elevator fair
queuing
Applying: io-controller: Common hierarchical fair queuing code in
elevaotor layer
Applying: io-controller: cfq changes to use hierarchical fair queuing code
in elevaotor layer
Applying: io-controller: Export disk time used and nr sectors dipatched
through cgroups
Applying: io-controller: idle for sometime on sync queue before expiring
it
Applying: io-controller: Separate out queue and data
Applying: io-conroller: Prepare elevator layer for single queue schedulers
Applying: io-controller: noop changes for hierarchical fair queuing
Applying: io-controller: deadline changes for hierarchical fair queuing
Applying: io-controller: anticipatory changes for hierarchical fair
queuing
Applying: blkio_cgroup patches from Ryo to track async bios.
Applying: io-controller: map async requests to appropriate cgroup
Applying: io-controller: Per cgroup request descriptor support
Applying: io-controller: Support per cgroup per device weights and io
class
Applying: io-controller: Debug hierarchical IO scheduling
Applying: io-controller: experimental debug patch for async queue wait
before expiry