[HELP] for using class group classifier network controller

Chei-Yol Kim gauri at etri.re.kr
Sun Jun 14 23:15:44 PDT 2009

>Hi, Cheiyol
>
>> # classid 1:10
>>
>> echo 0x1000A > /dev/cpuctl/foo/net_cls.classid
>>
>> #classid 1:20
>>
>> echo 0x10014 > /dev/cpuctl/bob/net_cls.classid
>
>(snip)
>
>> # add class 1:10 for foo group
>>
>> $TC class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:10 htb rate 50mbit
>>
>> # add class 1:20 for bob group
>>
>> $TC class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:20 htb rate 30mbit
>>
>> # default class
>>
>> $TC class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:30 htb rate 10mbit

>In class ID to use TC, both a major number and a minor number are hexadecimal.
>So 1:10 equals 0x00010010.
>
>I think, you should set 0x10010 to net_cls.classid if you classify to 1:10.

I have done this by your advice. But it didn't work.
I followed the instructions by http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/108551/focus=108661
So I supposed classid 1:10 is the decimal number, so I set the 0xA0001 as 1:10.

I'm curious if this patch net_cls operates well in other's hands.
How about you?
Does your system using net_cls operate well?
If then, would you let me know the environment and configuration of your system.
I would reference your environment for solving my problem.

Thanks again for helping

- Cheiyol