[BUG] net_cls: Panic occured when net_cls subsystem use

Minoru Usui mi.usui at gmail.com
Sat May 30 15:38:51 PDT 2009

Hi, jarek

2009/5/30 Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2 at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 09:31:37AM -0400, jamal wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 15:20 +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
>>
>> > Yes it oopses in cls_cgroup_classify(). Here is the first report:
>> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/128593
>> >

>> Oopsing in classify is after the fact though. It should not have been
>> linked to begin with (because wrong config was passed from user space).
>> As far as cls_group is concerned that is an illegitimate config - thats
>> why it failed it.
>>
>> What were you suggesting to change in cls_group to avoid this oops?
>
> I think checking the head (tp->root) for NULL like in cls_fw or
> cls_route should work.

I agree.
I think cls_cgroup should check head(tp->root) whether NULL or not
like other classifiers, too.

But I think it's problem adding/linking unconfigured tp, too.

>> > We add/link unconfigured tp, but it could be destroyed later, so I
>> > wouldn't call this a memory leak.
>>
>> Indeed - call it "We add/link unconfigured tp".
>
> Anyway, it's worked for other classifiers like this for some time...

I'm sorry, I don't investigate well, so I don't understand where
unconfigured tp is destroyed, yet.
If you don't mind, could you tell me where it's destoryed?