pidns memory leak

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Mon Oct 12 01:41:43 PDT 2009

Sukadev Bhattiprolu wrote:
> Ccing  Andrea's new email id:
>
> Daniel Lezcano [dlezcano at fr.ibm.com] wrote:
>
>> Following your explanation I was able to reproduce a simple program
>> added in attachment. But there is something I do not understand is why
>> the leak does not appear if I do the 'lstat' (cf. test program) in the
>> pid 2 context.
>>

> Hmm, are you sure there is no leak with this test program ? If I put back
> the commit (7766755a2f249e7), I do see a leak in all three data structures
> (pid_2, proc_inode, pid_namespace).

Let me clarify :)

The program leaks with the commit 7766755a2f249e7 and does not leak
without this commit.
This is the expected behaviour and this simple program spots the problem.

I tried to modify the program and I moved the lstat to the process 2 in
the child namespace. Conforming your analysis, I was expecting to see a
leak too, but this one didn't occur. I was wondering why, maybe there is
something I didn't understood in the analysis.

Thanks
  -- Daniel