[Test Result] I/O bandwidth Control by dm-ioband - partition-based environment

Ryo Tsuruta ryov at valinux.co.jp
Wed Sep 2 04:18:40 PDT 2009

Hi Dong-Jae,

Dong-Jae Kang <baramsori72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ryo
> Sorry for late reply.
>
> Mr Lee and I tested total bandwidth as you requested and the result is like
> attached file.

Thank you for your work.

> I know file attaching is not proper in mailing list,
> but I selected it for efficient and easy communication. sorry :)
>
> And Buffed-Device case can be some strange,
> it has too much variation in total bandwidth, So you had better to see as
> only reference.
> The rests didn't have big fluctuation such like Buffered-Device case.
>
> if you have another request about the result,
> reply to me about that.

Could you try the test on the weight policy with increaing token to
1280? I guess that the throughput difference between without and with
dm-ioband is caused since the token is a little small against the disk
speed.

> Additionally, I will try to inform the test results in cgroup environment of
> you in case by case.
> What do you think about it?

I would like to know the reason for the diffirence between debug patch
and iostat in the prvious test you did (total_bandwidth_result.xls).

Thanks,
Ryo Tsuruta