Checkpoint/restart of ptys, pgids, and controlling tty

Oren Laadan orenl at librato.com
Fri Sep 4 07:20:45 PDT 2009

This post packs together the patches (6 for kernel, 3 for user) to
provide checkpoint/restart support for ptys, pgids and controlling
terminal. They apply on top of current ckpt-dev-v17 (kernel, user).

I'm not an expert on PTYs, TTYs, line disciplines and the like,
comments are mostly welcome:

* What (additional) values we need to sanitize on restart ?
* What (additional) locking should be in place ? (especially checkpoint)
* Need to save/restore echo buffer (and position) ?
* /dev/ptmx and /dev/pts/... paths are currently hardcoded
* Other security concerns ? ...

Oren.