Wiki for LXC with Checkpoint/Restart

Nathan Lynch ntl at pobox.com
Wed Apr 14 12:57:27 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 15:27 -0700, Sukadev Bhattiprolu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We created following wiki to describe the process to build/test LXC
> with checkpoint/restart.
>
> 	https://ckpt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Link-LXC-USERCR
>
> The USERCR and LXC patches that are needed are in:
>
>         http://lxc.sourceforge.net/patches/lxc+usercr/usercr-patches/
>         http://lxc.sourceforge.net/patches/lxc+usercr/lxc-patches/
>
> (and also referred to in the above wiki).
>
> For now, the wiki identifies specific "commit-id"s to identify the
> commit with which the instructions in the wiki were tested. We hope
> to create more meaningful tags to the commits and if so, we will update
> the wiki with the tags.
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments on the wiki or run into
> problems.

When building the kernel with the commit id specified in the wiki
(0fdca57) I get:

ERROR: "ckpt_netdev_base" [net/ipv6/sit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ckpt_netdev_in_init_netns" [drivers/net/veth.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ckpt_netdev_base" [drivers/net/veth.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ckpt_netdev_base" [drivers/net/macvlan.ko] undefined!
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2